What is a Cafe Writer, you may be asking?
Whether you actually write in a café or not, Café Writer is a metaphor for a new breed of writer.
Most important, the Café represents a new collaborative gathering spot. It’s a place where you can engage in lively conversations with other members of this helpful community. Or simply pop in and out to checkout content from the resource library as you wish.
Hemingway, F. Scott Fitzgerald, and James Joyce had the Shakespeare and Company Bookshop in Paris in the 1920’s. Today’s talented and ambitious people like you have their own virtual hangout right here.
Beyond conversation, you can also tap into the collective wisdom of the group. Get guidance, feedback, or copy critiques from other Café members at any time of day or night, from anywhere in the world.
I’m glad you’re here. Please take a stroll through the Cafe website. You’ll find an incredible wealth of information in our well-stocked resource library, updates on our upcoming live event get-togethers as part of Big Ideas Retreat™, and information about the new benefits of membership coming soon.
Are you a Café Writer?
1. First and foremost, an Idea Generator! If you can come up with fresh ideas and angles for yourself and your clients, and persuade other people to buy into them, you will never lack for business.
2. An Independent Creative, rather than a freelancer-for-hire.
And it is more than a difference in terms, it’s a mindset and positioning difference.
3. A believer in the power of a Personal Brand. A Personal Brand transcends a niche. Identifying a niche is fine, and may serve you well for a long time. However, a Personal Brand is ongoing and over-arching. It encompasses your core business as well as off-shoot ventures that will naturally flow from all the Big Ideas you’re generating.
4. Someone who enjoys spending quiet, reflective time by yourself, yet enjoys the camaraderie, creative energy, and support of a group of like-minded people.
5. An alchemist, cooking up your own ideas and opportunities and transforming them into a solid business. Not sure how to do this yet? Don’t fret. We discuss this in-depth on a regular basis in the Café community forum.
6. A self-starter who can work productively from anywhere without direct supervision, yet appreciates the guidance, feedback, or collective wisdom from a helpful community.
7. A visionary. You see copywriting as a means to an end, not the be-all end-all. Beyond wanting to help your clients generate revenue, your goals include turning your ideas and skills into a very profitable business of your own.
Does any of this resonate with you?
If it does, you may be a Café Writer, too!
You’re the kind of person who takes the time to lay a proper foundation for your business.
You aren’t afraid to go against the grain, as long as it makes good business sense.
You question the status quo, and don’t follow the herd just because that’s what the “big guys” are telling everyone to do.
1. A cookie-cutter copywriter who looks and sounds like hundreds of other copywriters who’ve all taken the same courses and attended the same copywriting conferences.
2. A program junkie or a walking ATM, thinking that if you buy “just one more program” you’ll be ready to launch your business.
3. Waiting around for the phone to ring or for someone give you an assignment (even worse, a “Spec” assignment).