This page has some important background information, as well as helpful tips and advice on using the Café Writer forums.
How Facebook Works with Café Writer
You may log into Café Writer in one of two ways:
- With Facebook.
- With a User Name and Password
You may log into Café Writer with Facebook by simply clicking the Facebook square blue F button that appears on the home page of Café Writer.
Logging into Café Writer with Facebook does two things: it registers you as a user if you’ve never logged in before; and it logs you in using your current Facebook account.
If you’re not logged into Facebook when you click the Facebook F button, it’s not a problem – Facebook will ask you to log into Facebook first. Then you will be transferred back over to Café Writer automatically.
Facebook Login Problems
If you’re having problems with login with Facebook, try these suggestions:
- Turn off your Ad-Blocking software in your web browser.
- Turn off popup blocking.
- Make certain that you are using the latest version of your browser software.
- If you’re logging in with Firefox or another browser that promotes its extensions, and you use lots of extensions, disable some to determine if one of them is interfering with your log in.
- Use a different web browser. So far we know that users are successful logging in with Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, Safari, Opera, and other popular browsers with no problems, from all popular devices: Windows and Mac desktops, IOS and Android tablets and phones, and even Linux systems.
- Try a different device or computer. (Sorry!)
- You can avoid using Facebook entirely and log in directly to the site. This should work on all browsers even with ad blocking. If you have an existing Facebook account on Cafe Writer, you can easily add a password to the account by following the instructions on this page.
- Or completely avoid Facebook by registering yourself on Cafe Writer with an email address, a user name and a password. Go to this page in order to register yourself directly.
When you log in with Facebook you will see a checkbox in the login part of the page. Facebook login currently doesn’t pay attention to the “Remember Me” checkbox.
Being logged in all of the time has some advantages. You can click on a bookmark to an interesting forum discussion you’ve saved on your computer and go right back to where you left off. (If you’re not logged in when you try this, you’ll be directed to log in, and not to the bookmarked page.)
So how can you keep your browser logged in semi-permanently to Cafe Writer?
By logging in with a user name and password. This method of login will honor the “Remember Me” check. Please avoid using this “remember me” feature on public computers in libraries and other public places.
You can easily add a password to your existing Facebook linked account by following the instructions on this page. Or, completely avoid Facebook by registering yourself on Cafe Writer with an email address, a user name and a password. Go to this page in order to register yourself directly.
We’ve been asked if a user of Cafe Writer needs to arrive at the site from a particular Facebook group or posting. Or from a particular link.
The answer to this question is – no.
You may always go directly to the Cafe Writer website: www.cafewriter.com
Bookmark this website for easy access at any time.